Diary of a Sane Man

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Pennyroyal Tea


Where's my hair?
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
Two of my favorite lines from song lyrics comes from one song. Nirvana's Pennyroyal Tea.

"I'm on my time with everyone."
and
I'm so tired, I can't sleep."

I think if there was ever a time I could related to those words it's right now. I think I've truly overextended myself.

Monday nights I have bowling. Wednesday night and Saturday mornings is rugby practice. Thursday nights is tennis. Friday nights and Sunday mornings/days I usually work at Skyview. This only gives me Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday to work out at the gym.

Plus, I've met someone that has me excited about dating again, so I need time for that too. And I need chill time, but I haven't been able to work that into my schedule just yet.

I think this overexcitement has caused me to go into insomniac mode. I've been averaging 5 or 6 hours of sleep, especially on the weekends. I keep waking up early and not being able to go back to sleep. The last two nights I took some sort of over-the-counter sleeping pill. It knocks me out but then I wake up feeling like I need 12 more hours of sleep.

And to make matters worse, I've noticed that my hair is considerably thinning out on top. Now, I've never really considered myself to be vain. I'm not into fashionable clothes. I take a little pride in my appearance, but it's not something of which I'm constantly conscious. But this thinning thing is bugging me.

The funny thing is, I really like men with thinning or bald heads. I think it's really sexy--just not on me. Talk about your double standards.

Is that even healthy? Should I discriminate against myself? Why do I care? Enquiring minds want to know.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home