Diary of a Sane Man

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

In the Evening


Batman Posted by Hello

Sometimes I feel like a real tard. Tonight Buddy, Richard, Jeff, Jorge (pronounced George--why?, I'm not sure but someone please explain this to me), Doug and I saw the new Batman. First, I completely forgot that Katie "I LOVE Scientology" Holmes was in it until I saw her name at the end of the film. Yes, after all this bullshit about Tomatie (or is that Kom?) I completely forgot that she was in the damned picture. She's really not that pretty. If I were Tom Cruise, I would not be jumping up and down on Oprah's furniture about it. In fact, I wouldn't even let her walk down the red carpet with me. I'd be like, "Bitch, sneak in the back with the help. I'll meet you inside."

I also didn't realize Gary Oldman was in it. In fact, I didn't know who Gary Oldman really was. I knew I saw him in Dracula but that was it. So I went onto IMDB this evening and realized that he was Sirius Black in the last Harry Potter movie. I also saw him in Hannibal, Murder in the First, JFK and The Firm. He's either very good or so boring I don't even notice him.

Christian Bale was good as Batman. I still don't think he's all that and a bag of chips in the looks department (although he's got an AMAZING body) but he's a good actor. The story was pretty solid and the action was over-the-top, but kind of subdued in comparison to Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Some of the jokes fell flat and in my opinion were totally unnecessary.

I still think Michael Keaton was the best Batman. But we'll let the scholars and geeks debate that one.

Best line of the night came not from the movie but Jeff. After Katie "Fugly" Holmes gives Batman his birthday gift, Jeff turns to me and says, "I can't believe she drives a Taurus."

4 Comments:

  • Gary Oldman is kind of a chameleon, he can be almost unrecognizable from one role to the next. I usually find him sort of over-the-top annoying, but he was really good in "Immortal Beloved", a movie that made me cry.

    You are flatly wrong about Christian Bale, who is one of the most beautiful people ever to grace the face of the earth. American Psycho anyone? Laurel Canyon? Velvet Goldmine?

    Anyway, I'm utterly jealous that you all saw B-Man last night. I forgot it came out, and will see it this weekend, all LATE, after everyone else has already seen it.

    I remember waiting in line for two hours for a midnight showing of the FIRST Batman in 1989, in lovely Mesa, Arizona. Oddly, I was with my girlfriend's father and little brother. But wait, this was supposed to be about you...

    By Blogger PJS, At Thu Jun 16, 07:04:00 AM MST  

  • PJS took me to see BATMAN in 1989.
    True story. He was all hot for my stuff back then.

    But I digress.

    I loved the movie. It is really more of the "E! True Hollywood Story" of Batman. Or "VH1's Behind The Music."

    It gives all sorts of interesting backstory on how it comes to be. Those were my favorite parts. Seeing the BATSUIT, watching him build the BATCAVE, seeing the trial and error with his gadgets, widgets, whatsits, and whoozits.

    I give the movie a solid B.

    NEXT STOP: CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!!!

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Thu Jun 16, 09:56:00 AM MST  

  • I really liked the movie. And I loved that it wasn't all CGI and fake. Sometimes good old fashioned explosions and fires really do look better. And Patrick Bateman is so dreamy.

    Speaking of fires it was a little cold in the theatre. If if got any colder I was gonna suggest using several of the rotten children behind us for kindling.

    By Blogger potusol, At Thu Jun 16, 10:44:00 AM MST  

  • As for Christian Bale. I did see American Psycho and my opinion still sticks. Great body and a face that does nothing for me. It's not like he's UNattractive but I don't get weak in the knees.

    As for the kids behind us.... I was hoping Richard would go all Barbra Seville and read their mother out in the middle of the movie. But she chickened out.

    And the subzero temperature was outrageous. If it weren't for the little kid behind me kicking my seat, I think I would have gone into hibernation mode and nodded off.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Thu Jun 16, 03:34:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home