Diary of a Sane Man

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bleed the freak


Leg shaving
Originally uploaded by veryapeaz.
I'm one of those people who hate the summers in Phoenix. I don't understand it when people say, "Oh, the heat here doesn't really bother me." It doesn't bother you? It's 115 fucking degrees!

I come from Baltimore, MD. Where during the summer it's typically in the 90s with 80-90 percent humidity. My last three summers in high school were spent working my ass off as a landscaper. 14 hour days in the sun. That I could tolerate.

But here, I just walk outside and sometimes I will instantly get a headache. I'm also a lot grumpier (yes, more so than normal).

So, during the summer, I trim my hair. ALL OF IT. Normally, I keep the hair on my head shaved close (no guard on the sides). I also trim my arm, chest and leg hair.

I have a beard trimmer for my half goatee that I've been sporting. I was using that for my legs but it was TAKING FOREVER. So I whipped out my grandfather's clippers.

I think I blogged about this before but my grandfather was a barber and gave me my first haircut. I'm sure he's rolling in his grave knowing his gay grandson is using his clippers to trim up the leg hair.

So... I couldn't find the guard but it had an adjustable head that moved the little teeth further away from the blade. I thought I had it fully extended, so I powered it up and started right below my knee.

Before I knew it, I had cut a swath of hair from my knee to my ankle. It was completely GONE. It wasn't just trimmed up... there wasn't a millimeter of hair left. It was shorter than if I had used a shaving cream and a razor blade.

So, I had to do my entire leg like that. Completely shorn.

The good news is, it worked. It completely cooled off my body. I froze my ass off in bed that night. I had to get up in the middle of the night to grab an extra blanket.

The bad news is, I have to wear jeans to work all week. I look utterly ridiculous with silky smooth legs.

BTW Bleed the Freak is a kickass Alice in Chains song.

4 Comments:

  • I sure your silky smooth legs would look fine at work. By now you must have enough dirt on everyone in that office to keep anyone from giving you a hard time.

    By Blogger potusol, At Tue Jun 28, 09:48:00 PM MST  

  • oh dear god!

    whilre I was reading i was kinda ezxpectin the silly joke about wearing short skirts..thank heaven u didnĀ“t wrote that!

    I love hairy chests but after that wheater review, I totally agree with the shaving thing.

    you are a handsome man, so who cares about your smoothy legs?, take those jeans off and show them up!
    kiss
    Ian

    By Blogger Ian Gutierrez, At Tue Jun 28, 09:51:00 PM MST  

  • What's with all this hair removal, boy? Has Richard got you embarking on a drag career already??

    By Blogger PJS, At Wed Jun 29, 06:30:00 AM MST  

  • Sheesh, PJS. We are not the "Moonies" or Amway. We don't convert people.
    BUT-
    I DO like my guys girlie, What can I say?

    That's a mess, Tedward. A phucking mess.
    I will insist you show the entire office tomorrow.

    By Blogger From My Lips to Your Ears, At Thu Jun 30, 06:13:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home