Diary of a Sane Man

Monday, September 18, 2006

At Least One of Us Is Sleeping

I don't know what the dealio is, but for over a week I've had serious sleep issues. Actually, it goes back a couple of weeks.

I didn't sleep well when I was in Baltimore - averaging just a few hours a night. When I got back to Phoenix I felt like I couldn't sleep enough. I would sleep 9 hours and wake up exhausted.

This past week, I've repeatedly woken up in the middle of the night. Or I'll wake up hours before the alarm goes off. It happened again last night. I woke up at 5 am with a killer headache -- sinuses.

Maybe I'm just not sleeping because I'm stressing over who is going to win Project Runway. I have gotten suckered into watching that show and now I'm addicted. I was almost in tears last week as poor little Laura broke down. I mean, she's pregnant and she's working her ass off. I hope she makes it to the final three. I want her and Michael to be co-winners (they're both nice AND talented). But of course that will never happen.

Regardless of how little I sleep, Duke has had NO problems whatsoever. I snapped this one night with my cell phone's camera. He cracks me up. I wonder if he'll ever realize he's a cat.

I had a nice weekend.

Friday night I slept at Joe's, which for some reason doubled as Fisherman's Wharf - don't ask. Oh, and he gave me a big ass hickey. So I looked like white trash all weekend. I have been able to mask it by wearing collared shirts. Surprisingly, collared shirts and shorts don't look too bad. Unfortunately, I look a bit uptight since I have to button the top button, but that's okay....

Saturday morning we had rugby practice. After practice a bunch of us were going to get some sandwiches and drive out to West Phoenix to watch Thunderbird and Camelback play rugby. We play Thunderbird in two weeks, so it was going to be a good opportunity to see them in action.

The game was supposed to be at 1. Practice ended at 11:30. This gave us plenty of time to get some food and head over. We arrive around 1, 1:10 and I noticed the players on the grass in a circle. I thought they were having a pep talk before they started the game. It turns out that match started at 11 and we missed the whole damned thing!

So, we sat and ate our lunches in the grass and hung out for a bit. Then I headed home, showered and crashed for TWO HOURS! I never nap that long. I ended up staying in the rest of the evening.

Sunday I played doubles with Jay, Todd and Steve. It was really nice. The weather here is finally starting to turn and it's not so miserable. There's a huge difference between 110 and 98. Sunday evening, SJ and I headed up to John and Phill's for a great dinner and great conversation.

They live in North, North, North Scottsdale - it's actually a suburb of Flagstaff. So the air is even cooler up there. We just hung out on the porch and drank mojitos and wine, laughed at funny stories and had an outstanding time.

:-)

Happy Tunesday!!!

I'm really digging Steady as She Goes by the Raconteurs. It's Jack White's (of The White Stripes fame) side project.


9 Comments:

  • Oooh hooked on PR eh? It's probably the most interesting "reality show" out there. Top Chef is really good too. I had NO idea you were into PR. Next time I see you I'll do my famous Tim Gunn impression..."Designers....Models....."

    By Blogger AZJay, At Tue Sep 19, 03:13:00 AM MST  

  • =-/

    By Blogger Actions and Consequences, At Tue Sep 19, 08:50:00 AM MST  

  • Jay-mon: I love Michael Kors' comments. He says stuff like, "That looks like a dress GANDHI would wear." Or. "That dress looks like the sun ate Jupiter and THREW UP in an INTERgalactic exPLOsion."

    Damien: you're regal with a white trash dog. I'm white trash with a regal cat.

    SJ: :-D

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Tue Sep 19, 09:30:00 AM MST  

  • Yeah, I think 110 is the point where my skin starts to bubble almost immediately when I go outside. At 98 I merely turn bright pink and get very thirsty.
    My cat has taken over my bed, too. She wants me to get a boyfriend to sleep over with, so she won't have to share the bed with me. She's so crass!

    By Blogger A Bear in the Woods, At Tue Sep 19, 09:45:00 AM MST  

  • i have a king sized bed all to myself. i could probly fit 245 cats in here. although... i roll around looking for the wet....er....cold spot all the time. so.. i like it when its empty.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Sep 19, 01:56:00 PM MST  

  • I got hooked on the 2nd season of Project Runway, drew me in and wouldn't let go. I reduced my cable shortly after to basic, so no more Bravo. I don't know why or how it managed to captivate me (ok so I had a thing for Santino..tall skinny, hairyish guy with an attitude, yum!)

    By Blogger The Persian, At Wed Sep 20, 07:30:00 AM MST  

  • Daniel - cats are terribly selfish.

    Anon - you'd be surprised how much room a cat takes up.

    Jim - i don't know what it is about the show either that draws you in. I don't like reality shows and I don't like fashion, but I love PR.

    By Blogger VeryApeAZ, At Wed Sep 20, 08:11:00 AM MST  

  • A hickey! EW!!! LOL

    Yeah, I am having sleep issues too. I think I am going to get a featherbed. That may make my bed more comfortable, so I don't toss and turn trying to get comfortable.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wed Sep 20, 10:32:00 AM MST  

  • Obviously you just STARTED watching the show if you think Laura is NICE.
    - BUDDY

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Sep 21, 10:11:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home