Diary of a Sane Man

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Questioning your orientation

Saturday I went to Bookmans. Bookmans is this great used book, CD, videogame store. You can trade in your old junk for new junk.
I walked in with over $100 in credit, so I really wanted to splurge. I was browsing the DVDs and noticed a guy holding the Alien Quadrilogy set. Alien, Aliens, Alien3 and Alien Resurrection. I've been wanting that since it came out but I didn't want to spend 8 billion dollars to own it. Fortunately, the guy put it down and I snatched it.
I also bought Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Nirvana CDs. I'm slowly replacing the CDs that were stolen from my car last year.
Anyway, when I purchased the stuff, the girl who checked me out mentioned in passing that I must be a new fan of Pearl Jam. I told her no, that I've been a big fan since the beginning and showed her my Pearl Jam tattoo.
She freaked out and told me she had one too (but couldn't show me because it was in an inappropriate area). We talked for a few minutes and she gave me $20 off my $90 total bill!
So, I almost asked her out. I was so excited, I almost did the straight thing. Of course, it would never work out but why can't I connect with a guy like that?
There's got to be a gay man (besides me) who likes hard rock, sports and videogames. Right?

1 Comments:

  • I'm happy to tell you that I enjoy all those things....I also love going to live shows to hear local artists....and rarely can find a friend who wants to go with me (who is gay).....they just like to go dancing.....to bad u live in Baltimore....cuz I'd hang with ya...
    Marc

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Fri Nov 04, 02:11:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home