Diary of a Sane Man

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Very Ape


Kurt Cobain in the Heart Shaped Box video Posted by Hello

So what the hell is Very Ape? It has nothing to do with hirsute men. My friend Jeremy got it instantly--it's a great song by Nirvana and it's also my Xbox Live gamer tag. Very Ape is a song "About the macho male in all its stereotypical splendour of stupidity."

Kurt Cobain got sick and tired of all these dumbass frat boys going to Nirvana concerts. Cobain identified with the weak and the powerless -- the geeks and the individualists. He was very anti-estbliashment. He did NOT like the jocks who were being glorified by school officials and their peers.

Take the lyrics for Stay Away:
Monkey see, monkey do
I don't know why I'd rather be dead than cool

So, Very Ape is one of my "theme songs."
Lyrics:

I am buried up to my neck in
Contradictionary lies
I take pride as the kind of illiterature
I'm very ape and very nice

If you ever need anything please don't hesitate
to ask someone else first
I'm too busy acting like I'm not naive
I've seen it all I was here first

Out of the ground
Into the sky
Out of the sky
Into the dirt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home